June 12, 2012

The Personal Growth chair



Inspired by my latest realization, I decided to stop waiting; to stop waiting for someone to teach me how to design; to stop anticipating a diploma that would  "allow" me to finally create something; to stop letting others decided what I am capable of doing.
That same day, I picked up my sketchbook, and created this:

THE PERSONAL GROWTH CHAIR

The Personal Growth chair, a design by Juliette Gold

The Personal Growth chair, a design by Juliette Gold


Thesis: This chair was created to inspire personal growth, exploration of self, and discovery of individuality. We start as a plain grey [aka commonplace and comfortably invisible] stool. We can either remain as we are for the rest of our lives, being content with our resemblance to everyone else. Or we can change, evolve, and become our own kind of chair . How do you know you've achieved growth ? Once you feel you have overflowing confidence by simply being yourself. 


What do you think about the design? What about the drawing? Are you a grey chair or one-of-a-kind?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...