August 7, 2012

Step #1: IMAGE - Part 6



Break - fiesta

To read the rest of the series: Part 1Part 2Part 3Part 4, Part 5


“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”  ~ Unknown





"My mom always said that the morning determines the day. She preached to never get upset and to never deliver bad news in the early a.m. hours. I haven't comprehended the true sense of her words until one traumatizing morning in the eighth grade. I left home in a bad mood and on my way to school that day I stepped on a "doggy output"– I was too preoccupied with glum brooding to notice it. Then, when I went out to drink water during class, I opened the fountain too abruptly and in return it sprayed me with water in a way that made it seem like … something else. This occasion made my return back to class beyond embarrassing. And if all of that wasn't enough, I also performed poorly on a quiz since I was so worried with my appearance and smell.

Walking home that day, I've developed a value that has guided me ever since: "The Art of Breakfast". Inspired by my mom's theory, I've concluded that a joyful morning can not only keep us in a decent mood, but might motivate us to enjoy the rest of the day, and consequently, enjoy life. Thus, I make sure to celebrate each morning with a "break-feast" – a meal with my loved ones, eaten to the sounds of French music from the 60s and the scent of vanilla.

Knowing that the morning would be so incredible, I wake up every day with a smile on my face, ready to make the most out of the day. And isn't it what's life is all about? Being happy every step of the way, enjoying everything life has to offer, and being open to miraculous opportunities we might otherwise miss?"


So, what's in that bowl?



What is your renowned (or infamous; no judging here) habit? 






6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post. I think the mornings are so inspiring. I am a morning person. So many people make fun of me for it, but I love the mornings! I like to get up early, workout, or simply get some things done.

    http://denimanddogs.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taryn,

      Thank you so much for your comment. The morning is my most productive time as well!

      What is your favorite breakfast?

      Delete
  2. It was nice reading this post!! :)
    I agree Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!! :)
    San
    beesandsans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi San!
      Thanks for your comment! What is your go-to breakfast?

      Delete
  3. I love Cereal and Tea/ Coffee!! Sometimes a light and tasty Sandwich too!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...